When should my wheel alignment be checked?
You should have your wheel alignment checked:
- When fitting new tyres
- Every 12 months or every 10,000 km you drive (whichever comes first)
- After the replacement of any steering or suspension parts
- After getting vehicle repairs because of an accident.
Think you need a wheel alignment? Beaurepaires’ team of experienced tyre fitters can help and booking an appointment is easy! You can book online, phone 0800 30 50 60 to book an appointment or head into your local store today.
WHAT IS A WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
First step of the assessment is a brief pre-alignment road test. Then your car is hoisted up in the Beaurepaires workshop and connected to an electronic device which reads the vehicle’s current alignment – or lack of it! Correct geometry is achieved through a series of adjustments on each wheel to ensure the computerised reading meets the vehicle manufacturer’s standards.
After this fine tuning, another road test is done to confirm that the alignment is back on track and road-worthy. At the completion of the service, you’ll be given a print-out of the wheel alignment machine’s readings and an explanation of which corrections have been made.
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY CAR NEEDS A WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
TAKE NOTE OF THESE WARNING SIGNS:
- Your car is ‘pulling’ to one side and hard to keep in a straight line when driving
- You feel excessive road shock through the steering wheel
- The steering wheel doesn’t return to centre
- Irregular tyre wear – on front or rear tyres
- The steering feels heavy.
BENEFITS OF CORRECT WHEEL ALIGNMENT
DRIVING A CAR WITH CORRECT WHEEL ALIGNMENT WILL:
- Save fuel
- Enhance your car’s handling, particularly cornering
- Reduce driver fatigue
- Save excessive uneven and premature tyre wear.
Labour Weekend 20% Off Wheel Alignments
- Discount code will be sent to Beaurepaires Club Members upon joining.
- The code be used at checkout. ONLINE PURCHASES ONLY.
- Valid for standard car and SUV wheel alignment purchases only.
- Discount code valid until 28 October 2019 (inclusive).